Long Island News
Cops: Man flees scene of crash that injured woman
MASTIC BEACH (WABC) -- A Long Island man is facing charges after he allegedly left the scene of a crash that injured a woman.
Investigators say Sean Goodwin ran a red light and slammed into another car in Mastic Beach just before 3 p.m. Wednesday.
He then ran and hid in a stranger's house, according to police.
The 51-year-old driver of the other car suffered serious injuries, but is expected to survive.
The 30-year-old Goodwin is charged with leaving the scene of an accident with serious physical injuries, reckless endangerment, burglary, resisting arrest and operating a vehicle with a suspended license.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, mastic beach, accident, long island news
- 4 arrested in deadly mall carjacking 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos