Long Island News
Cops: Man flees scene of crash that injured woman
MASTIC BEACH (WABC) -- A Long Island man is facing charges after he allegedly left the scene of a crash that injured a woman.
Investigators say Sean Goodwin ran a red light and slammed into another car in Mastic Beach just before 3 p.m. Wednesday.
He then ran and hid in a stranger's house, according to police.
The 51-year-old driver of the other car suffered serious injuries, but is expected to survive.
The 30-year-old Goodwin is charged with leaving the scene of an accident with serious physical injuries, reckless endangerment, burglary, resisting arrest and operating a vehicle with a suspended license.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, mastic beach, accident, long island news
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 49 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital 52 min ago
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads 53 min ago
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments 31 min ago
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school 8 min ago
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT 27 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
53 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent...
52 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos