Long Island News
Cops: Drunk dad crashes car with 2 kids inside
BELLPORT (WABC) -- A Long Island man is under arrest after police say he crashed his car while driving drunk with his two children inside.
Police say 31-year-old Rahiem Greenridge lost control of his vehicle in the parking lot of a transitional housing center in Bellport around 11 p.m. Thursday.
He crashed into several cars at the entrance to his apartment complex.
He reportedly had a 1-year-old and a 3-year-old in the car with him.
No one was seriously injured.
Greenridge is charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated with a child passenger 15 years old or younger, a felony under Leandra's Law, and two counts of endangering the welfare of a child.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, bellport, drunk driving, leandra's law, long island news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act