Long Island News
Cops: Drunk dad crashes car with 2 kids inside
BELLPORT (WABC) -- A Long Island man is under arrest after police say he crashed his car while driving drunk with his two children inside.
Police say 31-year-old Rahiem Greenridge lost control of his vehicle in the parking lot of a transitional housing center in Bellport around 11 p.m. Thursday.
He crashed into several cars at the entrance to his apartment complex.
He reportedly had a 1-year-old and a 3-year-old in the car with him.
No one was seriously injured.
Greenridge is charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated with a child passenger 15 years old or younger, a felony under Leandra's Law, and two counts of endangering the welfare of a child.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, bellport, drunk driving, leandra's law, long island news
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos