Long Island News
Two arrested after crashing into police car in East Rockaway
EAST ROCKAWAY, L.I. (WABC) -- Two men are under arrest after their car crashed head-on into the car of a Nassau County police officer early Sunday morning.
The officer was traveling eastbound on Waverly Avenue when he was struck by a 2006 Toyota driven by 19-year old Vincent Rossi of Lynbrook.
Police say Rossi was driving under the influence of alcohol at the time.
Inside the car, officers found two switch blade knives, a green leafy substance believed to be marijuana, numerous red and white capsules believed to be steroids and a small glass injectable vial with an unknown liquid substance.
The car's passenger, Dhobrinshky Gracia of Lynbroo,k was also placed under arrest.
Further investigation revealed that Rossi had a a counterfeit Florida's driver's license and Gracia possessed two counterfeit Pennsylvania drivers' licenses.
The injured officer was transported to a local hospital where he was treated and released.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, accident, police officer injured, dwi, long island news
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody 34 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists protest outside Liam Neeson's home
- Another delayed GM recall detailed by new documents 16 min ago
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines