Long Island News
Woman crashes through home on Long Island
HUNTINGTON (WABC) -- A Brooklyn woman is facing drunk driving charges after she allegedly drove her Mercedes right through a house on Long Island.
The incident happened around 4:00 Monday morning.
The driver, 21-year-old Sophia Anderson, was hurt in the crash, but two senior citizens inside the home were unscathed.
The 2003 red Mercedes convertible fared a bit worse, and the Huntington home she drove straight through bore the brunt of the damage.
Police say Anderson was drunk when she went through a stop sign, up the driveway and through the kitchen, ending up in the backyard.
A prosecutor says a preliminary field test indicates Anderson had consumed about 15 drinks before the accident. Her attorney questioned the validity of the test.
Anderson suffered scrapes and bruises. An unidentified passenger was not injured.
A woman in her 90s inside the house and her caretaker were not injured.
Anderson pleaded not guilty Tuesday. Bail was set at $50,000.
Anderson, from Deep river, Connecticut, was visiting her boyfriend's family in Huntington. She was driving her boyfriend's father's car, and her attorney says she was unfamiliar with it.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, drunk driving, huntington, long island news
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Triple stabbing at Stamford High School
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos