Long Island News
Long Island police investigate taser incident
COPIAGUE (WABC) -- Police on Long Island are investigating whether officers used excessive force to subdue a suspect.
Jeu Gonzalez, 21, was arrested Tuesday night in Copiague after an altercation with Suffolk County police officers.
Authorities say that when police approached Gonzalez, he was in an agitated state and tried to resist arrest.
That's when he was tasered.
Gonzalez is charged with resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.
Police also released a call from responding officers, who said they were being attacked.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, suffolk county, taser, long island news
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday
- Official: 'Amazing' no one died in train crash 2 min ago
- Man fatally shot in head in West Village
- 2 win Mega Millions, Powerball jumps to $600 million
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion 28 min ago
- Video: Aimee Copeland gets prosthetic hands
- Video: Marine, dog reunited in surprise ceremony
- Orb trainer fights nerves at Preakness
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at...
36 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos