Long Island News
Heavy rain causes some flooding in Hempstead
HEMPSTEAD (WABC) -- Heavy rains made for a rude awakening on Saturday for residents of a senior complex on Long Island.
The parking lot and garage of the MacArthur Senior center in Hempstead was filled with several feet of water this morning.
Several cars were damaged.
Residents and the village's housing authority blame a nearby creek for the recurring problem.
The housing authority has filed a lawsuit against Nassau County to resolve the problem, but it has not been settled yet.
No apartments were flooded.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, hempstead, flooding, long island news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ