Long Island News
Mom charged after shopping while kids sat in car
MANHASSET (WABC) -- A mother on Long Island is facing child endangerment charges, accused of leaving her kids in the car while she went shopping.
Nassau County police arrested 34-year-old Virginie Cohen after her 3-year-old daughter and 11-month-old son were found in a locked car outside a store on Northern Boulevard in Manhasset.
An officer broke into the car because the infant was crying.
Cohen admitted she'd been gone for a half hour returning items at a beauty supply store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, manhasset, long island news
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect 33 min ago
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Screw Magazine publisher Al Goldstein dies at 77
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos