Long Island News
Mom charged after shopping while kids sat in car
MANHASSET (WABC) -- A mother on Long Island is facing child endangerment charges, accused of leaving her kids in the car while she went shopping.
Nassau County police arrested 34-year-old Virginie Cohen after her 3-year-old daughter and 11-month-old son were found in a locked car outside a store on Northern Boulevard in Manhasset.
An officer broke into the car because the infant was crying.
Cohen admitted she'd been gone for a half hour returning items at a beauty supply store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, manhasset, long island news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos