Long Island News
2-year-old girl killed in crash on Southern State
BAY SHORE (WABC) -- A car crash on Long Island claimed the life of a 2-year-old girl Sunday.
The accident happened on the westbound side of the Southern State Parkway in Bay Shore.
The toddler was in a car with her mother and was pronounced dead at the scene.
The mother, 22-year-old Tiayla Brooks, of Freeport, was treated and released from the hospital.
The accident remains under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, bay shore, freeport, accident, child death, long island news
- Guinness drops St. Pat's Day parade sponsorship 51 min ago
- AccuWeather: Snow for some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building 52 min ago
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Photos: Victims of East Harlem Explosion
- Australia, Kazakhstan join search for missing plane
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote 9 min ago
- Russian media warns of turning US into 'radioactive dust' 9 min ago
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon