Long Island News
School buses, 1 with students, collide on Long Island
ROCKVILLE CENTRE (WABC) -- Two school buses collided at an intersection in Rockville Centre on Long Island Friday morning.
The buses collided at Hempstead Avenue and Richmond Road just before 7:30 a.m.
One of the buses came to a rest on top of a cement pillar.
Several students on one of the buses, which was taking students to Chaminade High School in Mineola, were checked out at the scene. The rest continued to the school to be examined by the school nurse.
The other bus was not carrying any students on board at the time.
Additionally, one girl waiting for another bus struck by flying debris and treated for minor injuries.
Both drivers were also taken to the hospital.
The cause of the crash is under investigation, but witnesses say they saw the bus carrying the students go flying through the stop sign at Richmond Road.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, rockefeller center, school bus accident, long island news
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 1 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash 26 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather...
26 min ago