Long Island News
School buses, 1 with students, collide on Long Island
ROCKVILLE CENTRE (WABC) -- Two school buses collided at an intersection in Rockville Centre on Long Island Friday morning.
The buses collided at Hempstead Avenue and Richmond Road just before 7:30 a.m.
One of the buses came to a rest on top of a cement pillar.
Several students on one of the buses, which was taking students to Chaminade High School in Mineola, were checked out at the scene. The rest continued to the school to be examined by the school nurse.
The other bus was not carrying any students on board at the time.
Additionally, one girl waiting for another bus struck by flying debris and treated for minor injuries.
Both drivers were also taken to the hospital.
The cause of the crash is under investigation, but witnesses say they saw the bus carrying the students go flying through the stop sign at Richmond Road.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, rockefeller center, school bus accident, long island news
- AccuWeather Alert: Stormy day 39 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy
- Threat prompts lockdown at Saddle Brook schools 54 min ago
- UK: London terror attack suspects had been probed
- West Point soldier charged with videotaping women
- Truck driver helps catch hit-and-run suspect in Queens
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem Thursday 57 min ago
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Operation Swill: cheap booze in premium liquor bottles
- Photos: Accuweather forecast in pictures
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem...
57 min ago
- AccuWeather Alert: Stormy day
39 min ago