Long Island News
School buses, 1 with students, collide on Long Island
ROCKVILLE CENTRE (WABC) -- Two school buses collided at an intersection in Rockville Centre on Long Island Friday morning.
The buses collided at Hempstead Avenue and Richmond Road just before 7:30 a.m.
One of the buses came to a rest on top of a cement pillar.
Several students on one of the buses, which was taking students to Chaminade High School in Mineola, were checked out at the scene. The rest continued to the school to be examined by the school nurse.
The other bus was not carrying any students on board at the time.
Additionally, one girl waiting for another bus struck by flying debris and treated for minor injuries.
Both drivers were also taken to the hospital.
The cause of the crash is under investigation, but witnesses say they saw the bus carrying the students go flying through the stop sign at Richmond Road.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, rockefeller center, school bus accident, long island news
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall