Long Island News
School buses, 1 with students, collide on Long Island
ROCKVILLE CENTRE (WABC) -- Two school buses collided at an intersection in Rockville Centre on Long Island Friday morning.
The buses collided at Hempstead Avenue and Richmond Road just before 7:30 a.m.
One of the buses came to a rest on top of a cement pillar.
Several students on one of the buses, which was taking students to Chaminade High School in Mineola, were checked out at the scene. The rest continued to the school to be examined by the school nurse.
The other bus was not carrying any students on board at the time.
Additionally, one girl waiting for another bus struck by flying debris and treated for minor injuries.
Both drivers were also taken to the hospital.
The cause of the crash is under investigation, but witnesses say they saw the bus carrying the students go flying through the stop sign at Richmond Road.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, rockefeller center, school bus accident, long island news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler 26 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 24 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- New York City pre-K signups end on Wednesday
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
26 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos