Long Island News
Allegedly drunk woman slams into cop car on Long Island
EAST PATCHOGUE (WABC) -- A woman is facing drunk driving charges on Long Island after police say she crashed her van into a squad car.
Suffolk County police arrested 46-year-old Dawn Heller, of West Islip, on Sunrise Highway in East Patchogue around 11 p.m. Thursday.
No one was in the police car at the time, as the officer was helping with traffic control in a construction zone.
The woman was given a sobriety test at the scene and reportedly a blood-alcohol content twice the legal limit.
She was taken to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, east patchogue, drunk driving, long island news
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines