Long Island News
Allegedly drunk woman slams into cop car on Long Island
EAST PATCHOGUE (WABC) -- A woman is facing drunk driving charges on Long Island after police say she crashed her van into a squad car.
Suffolk County police arrested 46-year-old Dawn Heller, of West Islip, on Sunrise Highway in East Patchogue around 11 p.m. Thursday.
No one was in the police car at the time, as the officer was helping with traffic control in a construction zone.
The woman was given a sobriety test at the scene and reportedly a blood-alcohol content twice the legal limit.
She was taken to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, east patchogue, drunk driving, long island news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler 25 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 23 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- New York City pre-K signups end on Wednesday
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
25 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos