Long Island News
Allegedly drunk woman slams into cop car on Long Island
EAST PATCHOGUE (WABC) -- A woman is facing drunk driving charges on Long Island after police say she crashed her van into a squad car.
Suffolk County police arrested 46-year-old Dawn Heller, of West Islip, on Sunrise Highway in East Patchogue around 11 p.m. Thursday.
No one was in the police car at the time, as the officer was helping with traffic control in a construction zone.
The woman was given a sobriety test at the scene and reportedly a blood-alcohol content twice the legal limit.
She was taken to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, east patchogue, drunk driving, long island news
- 9 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Bronx cell phone store robber caught on camera
- Disturbing details emerge about suspected Etan Patz killer
- Rangel expected to announce run for 23rd term
- Jersey City boil water advisory in effect after main break
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013