Long Island News
Allegedly drunk woman slams into cop car on Long Island
EAST PATCHOGUE (WABC) -- A woman is facing drunk driving charges on Long Island after police say she crashed her van into a squad car.
Suffolk County police arrested 46-year-old Dawn Heller, of West Islip, on Sunrise Highway in East Patchogue around 11 p.m. Thursday.
No one was in the police car at the time, as the officer was helping with traffic control in a construction zone.
The woman was given a sobriety test at the scene and reportedly a blood-alcohol content twice the legal limit.
She was taken to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, east patchogue, drunk driving, long island news
- Guinness drops St. Pat's Day parade sponsorship
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon 46 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Los Angeles earthquake felt by residents
- Shelton teen critical after being shot in head
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Chris Brown kicked out of rehab, facing jail time
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon
46 min ago