Long Island News
Drug overdose linked to doctors under investigation
HICKSVILLE (WABC) -- A Long Island man who died from an overdose of oxycodone reportedly fed his addiction with prescriptions from more than a dozen doctors.
Published reports say that three of the physicians who treated Christopher Basmas, of Hicksville, are now charged in drug-trafficking probes.
Dr. William Conway has closed his Baldwin office.
Meanwhile, doctors Eric Jacobson and Stan Li have also been questioned over the prescriptions they wrote for the Medford pharmacy massacre shooter David Laffer and his wife, Melinda Brady.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, prescription drugs, long island news
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville 56 min ago
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos