Long Island News
Drug overdose linked to doctors under investigation
HICKSVILLE (WABC) -- A Long Island man who died from an overdose of oxycodone reportedly fed his addiction with prescriptions from more than a dozen doctors.
Published reports say that three of the physicians who treated Christopher Basmas, of Hicksville, are now charged in drug-trafficking probes.
Dr. William Conway has closed his Baldwin office.
Meanwhile, doctors Eric Jacobson and Stan Li have also been questioned over the prescriptions they wrote for the Medford pharmacy massacre shooter David Laffer and his wife, Melinda Brady.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, prescription drugs, long island news
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Triple stabbing at Stamford High School
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos