Long Island News
Long Island woman charged in purse-snatching spree
STONY BROOK (WABC) -- A Stony Brook woman is facing multiple theft charges in what police are calling a purse-snatching spree.
Authorities say 25-year-old Jennifer O'Leary stole at least seven pocketbooks from elderly women at various Long Island supermarkets.
Prosecutors say she would follow her victims through the stores.
When they looked away, she would allegedly grab the purse from the woman's shopping cart.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, stony brook, long island news
- Police shoot and kill suspect in Ridgefield, Conn. 3 min ago
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- NJ Transit buses delayed 30 minutes
- Teen heading to prom dies in car accident
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- Tree trouble in Dumont
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos