Long Island News
Long Island woman charged in purse-snatching spree
STONY BROOK (WABC) -- A Stony Brook woman is facing multiple theft charges in what police are calling a purse-snatching spree.
Authorities say 25-year-old Jennifer O'Leary stole at least seven pocketbooks from elderly women at various Long Island supermarkets.
Prosecutors say she would follow her victims through the stores.
When they looked away, she would allegedly grab the purse from the woman's shopping cart.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, stony brook, long island news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos