Long Island News
Vehicles vandalized near LIRR station
VALLEY STREAM (WABC) -- More than a dozen cars were vandalized in Valley Stream near the LIRR Gibson station overnight.
Owners discovered the damaged cars as they went to start their vehicles on Friday morning.
The vandalized vehicles, between 12 and 18 cars, were in parking lots and on local streets.
Police believe the cars were broken into sometime after 6:00 Thursday evening.
Items were taken from at least of the vehicles.
No arrests have been made.
Police will increase patrols in Valley Stream this weekend.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, valley stream, vandalism, long island news
- Fog blamed for long delays at area airports 12 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Who is Bill Bratton?
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest 35 min ago
- Carteret freight train derailment: Turnpike reopens
- Alleged assault of Seton Hall student may be captured on video
- Family demands answers in deadly police shooting 3 min ago
- Nigella Lawson again denies heavy drug use 35 min ago
- Graduation day for new class of FDNY firefighters
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos