Long Island News
Driver shot at in Suffolk County road rage incident
AMITYVILLE, L.I. (WABC) -- Police on Long Island are searching for a driver with a serious case of road rage - and a gun.
Police say the man got into a fight with another driver over a parking spot at a Dunkin Donuts in Amityville Saturday morning.
After the fight, the suspect followed the other driver and shot at his car with a handgun as he was crossing over the Sunrise Highway overpass.
The bullet hit the front wheel, and the driver and his passenger were not struck or injured.
The shooter sped off.
He was driving a light brown Chevrolet Tahoe.
The suspect is described as a dark-skinned black man, balding with a full black beard, between 30-40 years-old, 6 feet tall, 200 pounds with a muscular build. He was wearing a green and black hat, white t-shirt and brown shorts.
Detectives are asking anyone who may have information on this incident to call the First Squad at 631-854-8152 or call anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will remain confidential.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, amityville, shooting, driving, suffolk county, long island news
- Metro North train collision to affect service all week
- AccuWeather: Humid week ahead, with showers
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Suspect in critical condition after NJ police shooting
- Hofstra remembers Andrea Rebello as probe continues
- Person of interest ID'd in deadly Queens bus shooting
- Rally planned after West Village hate crime murder
- 1 dead, 1 rescued when car ends up in Huntington Harbor
- Winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Florida city anxious to learn Powerball jackpot winner
- Photos: Photos from the Billboard Awards
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers