Long Island News
Housekeeper charged with stealing from employers
WOODMERE (WABC) -- A Queens housekeeper is facing charges, accused of stealing from her employer on Long Island.
Police say 45-year-old Osmina Guzman, of Far Rockaway, took $10,000 worth of jewelry and silverware from the Woodmere home where she worked for nearly a year and a half.
Nassau County police took her into custoday on Saturday.
Authorities say she also stole more than $32,000 in cash and jewelry from two other Long Island homes where she had previously worked. Those thefts reportedly date back to January of 2011, from homes in Woodmere and Cedarhurst.
Guzman is charged with there counts of grand larceny.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, new york city, queens, woodmere, theft, long island news
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon 13 min ago
- Water line floods three Midtown building basements 13 min ago
- Jersey City water main break isolated; Water back on 57 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 4 min ago
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward 47 min ago
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults 4 min ago
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued will stay together 36 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
4 min ago
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions...
47 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos