Long Island News
Housekeeper charged with stealing from employers
WOODMERE (WABC) -- A Queens housekeeper is facing charges, accused of stealing from her employer on Long Island.
Police say 45-year-old Osmina Guzman, of Far Rockaway, took $10,000 worth of jewelry and silverware from the Woodmere home where she worked for nearly a year and a half.
Nassau County police took her into custoday on Saturday.
Authorities say she also stole more than $32,000 in cash and jewelry from two other Long Island homes where she had previously worked. Those thefts reportedly date back to January of 2011, from homes in Woodmere and Cedarhurst.
Guzman is charged with there counts of grand larceny.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, new york city, queens, woodmere, theft, long island news
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Sunday's Yankees vs. Jays game postponed due to weather 20 min ago
- Authorities: Hofstra student killed by police
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- 3 in custody in connection to Yonkers man's death 18 min ago
- 3 wounded after shooting in Bedford-Stuyvesant
- President Obama gives speech to Morehouse graduates 23 min ago
- Metro North trains being removed from accident scene
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday
- Pacers knock out Knicks with win in Game 6
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport