Long Island News
Long Island dad charged with DWI with son in car
BOHEMIA (WABC) -- A Long Island man is facing felony drunk driving charges after he was arrested following a crash with his young son in the car.
Nassau County police say they pulled over 42-year-old Daryl Veit, of Bohemia, after he struck a guardrail on the Seaford Oyster Bay Expressway just after 8 p.m. Wednesday.
At the time of the accident, Veit had his 4-year-old son the car.
The child was released to his mother with no injuries.
Veit was treated at a local hospital for a minor back pain.
Veit is charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated, a felony under Leandra's Law and DWI.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, drunk driving, leandra's law, long island news
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Man shot to death in Valley Stream
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide