Long Island News
Long Island dad charged with DWI with son in car
BOHEMIA (WABC) -- A Long Island man is facing felony drunk driving charges after he was arrested following a crash with his young son in the car.
Nassau County police say they pulled over 42-year-old Daryl Veit, of Bohemia, after he struck a guardrail on the Seaford Oyster Bay Expressway just after 8 p.m. Wednesday.
At the time of the accident, Veit had his 4-year-old son the car.
The child was released to his mother with no injuries.
Veit was treated at a local hospital for a minor back pain.
Veit is charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated, a felony under Leandra's Law and DWI.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, drunk driving, leandra's law, long island news
- Man hacked to death in apparent terror attack 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy day 23 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Police captain's home hit with firebomb? 2 min ago
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Anthony Weiner announces run for New York City mayor 55 min ago
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale 13 min ago
- Jose Canseco investigated for Las Vegas sex assault 50 min ago
- Hats get women ejected from mall
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
23 min ago