Long Island News
Long Island dad charged with DWI with son in car
BOHEMIA (WABC) -- A Long Island man is facing felony drunk driving charges after he was arrested following a crash with his young son in the car.
Nassau County police say they pulled over 42-year-old Daryl Veit, of Bohemia, after he struck a guardrail on the Seaford Oyster Bay Expressway just after 8 p.m. Wednesday.
At the time of the accident, Veit had his 4-year-old son the car.
The child was released to his mother with no injuries.
Veit was treated at a local hospital for a minor back pain.
Veit is charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated, a felony under Leandra's Law and DWI.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, drunk driving, leandra's law, long island news
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera
- Man caught on camera using cloned ATM card 18 min ago
- BridgeGate panel could call Gov. Chris Christie to testify
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87 18 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014 7 min ago