Long Island News
Heavy rain results in Saturday beach closures
NASSAU COUNTY (WABC) -- Once again, heavy rainfall has forced the Nassau County Department of Health to close 18 beaches to bathing as a precautionary measure.
Storm water runoff can have a negative impact by elevating bacterial levels and affecting bathing water quality.
14 Nassau County North Shore Beaches
Centre Island Sound
Laurel Hollow Beach
North Hempstead Beach Park
Piping Rock Beach Club
Sea Cliff Village Beach
4 Nassau County South Shore Beaches:
Hewlett Point Beach
Island Park Beach
Merrick Estates Civic Association
Philip Healey Beach
Biltmore Beach Club remains closed due to elevated bacterial levels
For up-to-date recorded information on beach closings and openings, call 516-227-9700.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, nassau county, beach closed, long island news
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it 40 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold 57 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children 39 min ago
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 38 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
57 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos