Long Island News
Boy, 4, dies in 3-car crash on Long Island
FORT SALONGA, N.Y. (WABC) -- A 4-year-old boy has died in a three-car crash on New York's Long Island that also sent his mother and aunt to the hospital.
Suffolk County police say the crash happened Saturday night in Fort Salonga.
They say 53-year-old Gregory Henig, of Holbrook, was driving southbound when his vehicle hit a car driven by 41-year-old Jennifer Snyder, of Huntington Station, that was headed westbound.
Snyder's car then hit a third vehicle driven by a Brentwood man.
Snyder and her two passengers, her 29-year-old sister, Emily Snyder, and Emily's 4-year-old son, Finn Egan, were taken to a hospital, where Finn later died.
Henig was taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. The third driver and his two passengers were taken to a hospital and released.
Police are investigating the crash.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, suffolk county, accident, long island news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery 41 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 21 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run 34 min ago
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets 32 min ago
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
41 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
21 min ago