Long Island News
Boy, 4, dies in 3-car crash on Long Island
FORT SALONGA, N.Y. (WABC) -- A 4-year-old boy has died in a three-car crash on New York's Long Island that also sent his mother and aunt to the hospital.
Suffolk County police say the crash happened Saturday night in Fort Salonga.
They say 53-year-old Gregory Henig, of Holbrook, was driving southbound when his vehicle hit a car driven by 41-year-old Jennifer Snyder, of Huntington Station, that was headed westbound.
Snyder's car then hit a third vehicle driven by a Brentwood man.
Snyder and her two passengers, her 29-year-old sister, Emily Snyder, and Emily's 4-year-old son, Finn Egan, were taken to a hospital, where Finn later died.
Henig was taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. The third driver and his two passengers were taken to a hospital and released.
Police are investigating the crash.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, suffolk county, accident, long island news
- Man hacked to death in apparent terror attack
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Police captain's home hit with firebomb?
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting 2 min ago
- Roosevelt Island Peace Officers accused of abusing power
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- Jose Canseco investigated for Las Vegas sex assault
- Hats get women ejected from mall
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos