Long Island News
Dad allegedly attacks cops after traffic stop
ROOSEVELT (WABC) -- A Long Island man is under arrest after police say he attacked them after he was pulled over for not having his child in a car seat.
Authorities say Jorge Guevara was driving in Roosevelt with a 2-year-old not a child seat. There were also two other kids in the car.
When officers learned he had a suspended license, Guevara allegedly tried to walk away.
Police say he fought with officers who detained him.
He was arrested. The children were released to their mother.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, arrest, long island news
- Man hacked to death in apparent terror attack
- AccuWeather: Stormy day 1 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Police captain's home hit with firebomb?
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting
- Roosevelt Island Peace Officers accused of abusing power
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- Jose Canseco investigated for Las Vegas sex assault
- Hats get women ejected from mall
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
1 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos