Long Island News
Manhattan teen killed by cab in the Hamptons
UPPER WEST SIDE (WABC) -- A Manhattan teenager was struck and killed by a taxi in the Hamptons on Saturday.
Jeffrey Ahn was a student at Trinity High School on the Upper West Side, where there is now a memorial for him.
Police say Ahn was walking to his parents' home in Amagansett when he was struck by a taxi.
Ahn's father says that he could have called for a ride instead of walking, but that he wasn't the type of person who wanted to burden anyone.
Police haven't said whether charges will be filed against the driver, 25-year-old Ladislav Smigura, who called police and stayed at the scene.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, new york city, upper west side, teen, hamptons, long island news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted 15 min ago
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings 14 min ago
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014 4 min ago