Long Island News
Manhattan teen killed by cab in the Hamptons
UPPER WEST SIDE (WABC) -- A Manhattan teenager was struck and killed by a taxi in the Hamptons on Saturday.
Jeffrey Ahn was a student at Trinity High School on the Upper West Side, where there is now a memorial for him.
Police say Ahn was walking to his parents' home in Amagansett when he was struck by a taxi.
Ahn's father says that he could have called for a ride instead of walking, but that he wasn't the type of person who wanted to burden anyone.
Police haven't said whether charges will be filed against the driver, 25-year-old Ladislav Smigura, who called police and stayed at the scene.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, new york city, upper west side, teen, hamptons, long island news
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95 2 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Who is Bill Bratton?
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest
- Carteret freight train derailment: Turnpike reopens
- Alleged assault of Seton Hall student may be captured on video
- Family demands answers in deadly police shooting 36 min ago
- Nigella Lawson again denies heavy drug use
- Graduation day for new class of FDNY firefighters
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos