Long Island News
Man crashes into cop car, charged with drunk driving
ROCKY POINT (WABC) -- Police have arrested a Suffolk County man for driving while ability impaired by drugs and alcohol after he was involved in a motor vehicle crash with a police car Monday night.
Police say Officer Kevin Corrigan was on patrol on westbound Route 25A in Rocky Point when William Roden III, who was driving a 1988 GMC pickup truck towing a boat and trailer, made a left turn in front of Corrigan's vehicle at the intersection with Eagle Road at 8:35 p.m.
Corrigan, who was not injured, determined Roden was under the influence of drugs and alcohol and arrested him.
Roden, 49, was charged with driving while ability impaired by drugs and alcohol and criminal possession of a controlled substance.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, suffolk county, drunk driving, drugged driving, long island news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash