Long Island News
Long Island man arrested for drunk boating
WANTAGH (WABC) -- A 34-year-old Long Island man has been charged with operating a boat under the influence of alcohol.
Police say William Riedman of Freeport was arrested Wednesday evening. They say the U.S. Coast Guard stopped him after receiving a report of an intoxicated boater in the vicinity of the West End Boat Basin in Wantagh.
Riedman's 35-foot Bertram was towed to the Jones Beach Coast Guard station.
He was charged with operation of vessel while under the influence of alcohol. He was to be arraigned Thursday.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, wantagh, drunk driving, long island news
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus 51 min ago
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span 25 min ago
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Boston rice cooker suspect sent to psych hospital 13 min ago
- Boston rice cooker suspect sent to psych...
13 min ago