Long Island News
Plane flips after pilot aborts takeoff on Long Island
BAYPORT (WABC) -- There were some frightening moments Saturday when an aircraft taking off from a landing strip on Long Island flipped over.
The bi-plane tumbled over after the pilot aborted his takeoff at the Bayport Aerodrome in Suffolk County around 2:30 p.m.
The pilot says there was turbulence, so he jammed on his brakes at the end of the runway.
He and a female passenger suffered minor injuries. The plane also suffered only minor damage.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, suffolk county, plane emergency, long island news
- Missing plane may have turned back 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 59 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 42 min ago
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt
- Sen. Rand Paul wins CPAC presidential straw poll 1 min ago
- Missing plane may have turned back
19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
59 min ago