Long Island News
Uniondale man shot in broad daylight
UNIONDALE (WABC) -- He was 26 and working towards his dream of becoming a police officer. However, on Sunday night, Ainsworth Evans is the focus of a police homicide investigation.
Evans was murdered in front of his Uniondale, Long Island home.
According to his sister Melesia, Evans always walked in the good side of life and didn't have an enemy.
So who would shoot her happy-go-lucky brother in the face? The shooting happened 5 p.m. Saturday while the sun was still bright, and while his mother never imagined such a nightmare would descend on her.
Ainsworth Evans was working in real estate while getting his college credits in criminal justice. Eyewitness News is told the victim recently passed the police entrance exams for New York City, Nassau County and Suffolk County. He wanted to keep his options open, but on Sunday night, detectives were trying to find answers for his grieving family.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, uniondale, long island news, lucy yang
- Man hacked to death in apparent terror attack
- AccuWeather: Stormy day 9 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Police captain's home hit with firebomb?
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting
- Roosevelt Island Peace Officers accused of abusing power
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- Jose Canseco investigated for Las Vegas sex assault
- Hats get women ejected from mall
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
9 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos