Long Island News
Uniondale man shot in broad daylight
UNIONDALE (WABC) -- He was 26 and working towards his dream of becoming a police officer. However, on Sunday night, Ainsworth Evans is the focus of a police homicide investigation.
Evans was murdered in front of his Uniondale, Long Island home.
According to his sister Melesia, Evans always walked in the good side of life and didn't have an enemy.
So who would shoot her happy-go-lucky brother in the face? The shooting happened 5 p.m. Saturday while the sun was still bright, and while his mother never imagined such a nightmare would descend on her.
Ainsworth Evans was working in real estate while getting his college credits in criminal justice. Eyewitness News is told the victim recently passed the police entrance exams for New York City, Nassau County and Suffolk County. He wanted to keep his options open, but on Sunday night, detectives were trying to find answers for his grieving family.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, uniondale, long island news, lucy yang
- Newtown 911 calls released 25 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze' 19 min ago
- Derailment survivor remembers sister who died
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs 28 min ago
- Woman charged with setting minivan fire, kids inside
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen... 31 min ago
- Parents plea for help to save boys from rare disease 35 min ago
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Bad Dog: Sunny knocks over child at holiday party
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
19 min ago
- Bank forecloses on homeowner who is up to...
41 min ago