Long Island News
Good Samaritans rescue 5 after boat capsizes
WADING RIVER (WABC) -- Some fast-acting Good Samaritans helped save five people after their boat overturned off the coast of Long Island Sunday night.
Police say the boat capsized in Long Island Sound near Wading River around 9 p.m.
Five people, including a 7-year old boy, fell into the water.
A man on shore heard their calls for help and took his boat to the area, along with a police officer and another civilian.
The five people were examined by paramedics on the shore and released without injury.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, boat accident, long island news
- Worker injured after forklift swallowed by sinkhole 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: More Humid
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young child fatally shot outside Jersey City home
- Metro North train collision to affect service all week
- Hofstra remembers Andrea Rebello as probe continues
- Person of interest ID'd in deadly Queens bus shooting
- Rally planned after West Village hate crime murder
- 1 dead, 1 rescued when car ends up in Huntington Harbor
- Winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- Photos: Photos from the Billboard Awards
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma