Long Island News
Good Samaritans rescue 5 after boat capsizes
WADING RIVER (WABC) -- Some fast-acting Good Samaritans helped save five people after their boat overturned off the coast of Long Island Sunday night.
Police say the boat capsized in Long Island Sound near Wading River around 9 p.m.
Five people, including a 7-year old boy, fell into the water.
A man on shore heard their calls for help and took his boat to the area, along with a police officer and another civilian.
The five people were examined by paramedics on the shore and released without injury.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, boat accident, long island news
- Winter Weather Advisory 6 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures 26 min ago
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips 30 min ago
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- Newtown families create website to honor Sandy Hook victims
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Winter Weather Advisory
6 min ago