Long Island News
Suspected cat burglar nabbed in Suffolk County
COPIAGUE (WABC) -- Authorities in Suffolk County have arrested a suspected cat burglar in Lindenhurst and on the south shore.
Errol Barham Jr., 22, is charged with six break-ins and one attempted burglary in Lindenhurst, and investigators say he is the prime suspect in at least ten other burglaries on the south shore.
All of the burglaries occurred between midnight and 4:00 am while the homeowners were asleep in their homes.
Barham, of Copiague, was arrested Sunday, July 8 by SCPD First Precinct detectives. He is held in the Suffolk County jail in lieu of $70,000 cash bail.
Authorities said they recovered stolen jewelry, cameras, laptops, an I-pad, credit cards, cash and other stolen goods from a local pawnshop and during a search of Barham's home in Copiague.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, suffolk county, lindenhurst, arrest, burglary, crime, long island news
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists protest outside Liam Neeson's home
- Another delayed GM recall detailed by new documents
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
35 min ago