Long Island News
Suspected cat burglar nabbed in Suffolk County
COPIAGUE (WABC) -- Authorities in Suffolk County have arrested a suspected cat burglar in Lindenhurst and on the south shore.
Errol Barham Jr., 22, is charged with six break-ins and one attempted burglary in Lindenhurst, and investigators say he is the prime suspect in at least ten other burglaries on the south shore.
All of the burglaries occurred between midnight and 4:00 am while the homeowners were asleep in their homes.
Barham, of Copiague, was arrested Sunday, July 8 by SCPD First Precinct detectives. He is held in the Suffolk County jail in lieu of $70,000 cash bail.
Authorities said they recovered stolen jewelry, cameras, laptops, an I-pad, credit cards, cash and other stolen goods from a local pawnshop and during a search of Barham's home in Copiague.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, suffolk county, lindenhurst, arrest, burglary, crime, long island news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center 17 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos 16 min ago
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 7 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- New York City pre-K signups end on Wednesday 5 min ago
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ...
17 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos