Long Island News
Suspected cat burglar nabbed in Suffolk County
COPIAGUE (WABC) -- Authorities in Suffolk County have arrested a suspected cat burglar in Lindenhurst and on the south shore.
Errol Barham Jr., 22, is charged with six break-ins and one attempted burglary in Lindenhurst, and investigators say he is the prime suspect in at least ten other burglaries on the south shore.
All of the burglaries occurred between midnight and 4:00 am while the homeowners were asleep in their homes.
Barham, of Copiague, was arrested Sunday, July 8 by SCPD First Precinct detectives. He is held in the Suffolk County jail in lieu of $70,000 cash bail.
Authorities said they recovered stolen jewelry, cameras, laptops, an I-pad, credit cards, cash and other stolen goods from a local pawnshop and during a search of Barham's home in Copiague.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, suffolk county, lindenhurst, arrest, burglary, crime, long island news
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens 39 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing 23 min ago
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage
- $353 million up for grabs in Mega Millions drawing Friday