Long Island News
Man nabbed after returning to scene of previous crimes
SYOSSET (WABC) -- Police on Long Island say a New York City man returned to the scene of his crimes to commit another one.
Authorities say 49-year-old Thomas Cronin, of the Bronx, was arrested Tuesday afternoon in Syosset.
He allegedly stole $140 from a pharmacy cash register and confronted a witness as the tried to run away.
Cronin is also charged with smashing windows and grabbing cash from a shoe repair shop and barber shop in Syosset back in September.
Cronin is charged with third-degree robbery and two counts of third-degree burglary.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, syosset, robbery, burglary, long island news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor 47 min ago
- Suspect questioned after body found in container
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- Pope Francis celebrates Easter with prayers for peace
- Up Close with Diana Williams
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos