Long Island News
Man charged in attempted mall kidnapping on Long Island
SEAFORD -- A New York City man has been arrested for allegedly kicking, choking and threatening to kill his former girlfriend at a Long Island mall.
Nassau County police charged Franklyn Brown of Queens on Wednesday with assault, attempted kidnapping and other charges in connection with the June 21 incident.
Police say he went to the Sunrise Mall in East Massapequa where the woman and punched, kicked and choked her before dragging her to the parking lot where he allegedly threatened to kill her.
The 23-year-old woman suffered injuries to her neck, eye, foot and face. Police say she had an order of protection against him.
The 24-year-old suspect is scheduled to be arraigned on Thursday. It wasn't immediately known if he had a lawyer.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, seaford, robbery, kidnapping, long island news
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera 53 min ago
- Man caught on camera using cloned ATM card 40 min ago
- BridgeGate panel could call Gov. Chris Christie to testify 24 min ago
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87 12 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014 12 min ago