Long Island News
Police: Man poses as cop, lures girl at Jones Beach
JONES BEACH (WABC) -- A Mamaroneck man is charged with luring a 14-year-old girl to his car at Jones Beach by implying he was a police officer.
Police say 36-year-old Roberto Villavicencio was charged with first-degree criminal impersonation of a police officer and endangering the welfare of a child.
State Park police were called to the area when the girl was reported missing. She was found in parking Field 4 and told investigators that Villavicencio told her he was a police officer and had her accompany him to his car, where he could show her his identification.
Authorities say Villavicencio made "inappropriate sexual inquiries" to the girl on the way to the car.
State Park police ask anyone with additional information to call detectives at 631-321-3700.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, jones beach, luring, police impersonation, long island news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Tornado touched down near Copake
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- Two more possible bias attacks investigated in New York City 1 min ago
- Suspected robbery ends with car chase
- Connecticut rail service to return to normal Wednesday
- The return of the Green Card Scammer
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos