Long Island News
Police: Man poses as cop, lures girl at Jones Beach
JONES BEACH (WABC) -- A Mamaroneck man is charged with luring a 14-year-old girl to his car at Jones Beach by implying he was a police officer.
Police say 36-year-old Roberto Villavicencio was charged with first-degree criminal impersonation of a police officer and endangering the welfare of a child.
State Park police were called to the area when the girl was reported missing. She was found in parking Field 4 and told investigators that Villavicencio told her he was a police officer and had her accompany him to his car, where he could show her his identification.
Authorities say Villavicencio made "inappropriate sexual inquiries" to the girl on the way to the car.
State Park police ask anyone with additional information to call detectives at 631-321-3700.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, jones beach, luring, police impersonation, long island news
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Sunday snow storm
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Surveillance from East Harlem buildings near explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in lurings
- Bus driver suffers medical emergency, 2 injured
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey