Long Island News
Police: Man poses as cop, lures girl at Jones Beach
JONES BEACH (WABC) -- A Mamaroneck man is charged with luring a 14-year-old girl to his car at Jones Beach by implying he was a police officer.
Police say 36-year-old Roberto Villavicencio was charged with first-degree criminal impersonation of a police officer and endangering the welfare of a child.
State Park police were called to the area when the girl was reported missing. She was found in parking Field 4 and told investigators that Villavicencio told her he was a police officer and had her accompany him to his car, where he could show her his identification.
Authorities say Villavicencio made "inappropriate sexual inquiries" to the girl on the way to the car.
State Park police ask anyone with additional information to call detectives at 631-321-3700.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, jones beach, luring, police impersonation, long island news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead 31 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler 54 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield 4 min ago
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- Suspect questioned after body found in container 46 min ago
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58 26 min ago
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- Pope Francis celebrates Easter with prayers for peace 39 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
54 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos