Long Island News
Police: Man poses as cop, lures girl at Jones Beach
JONES BEACH (WABC) -- A Mamaroneck man is charged with luring a 14-year-old girl to his car at Jones Beach by implying he was a police officer.
Police say 36-year-old Roberto Villavicencio was charged with first-degree criminal impersonation of a police officer and endangering the welfare of a child.
State Park police were called to the area when the girl was reported missing. She was found in parking Field 4 and told investigators that Villavicencio told her he was a police officer and had her accompany him to his car, where he could show her his identification.
Authorities say Villavicencio made "inappropriate sexual inquiries" to the girl on the way to the car.
State Park police ask anyone with additional information to call detectives at 631-321-3700.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, jones beach, luring, police impersonation, long island news
- Newtown 911 calls released 38 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Derailment survivor remembers sister who died 12 min ago
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Moriches boat crash injures 3 fishermen
- Search for missing teenager in Linden, New Jersey
- Woman's body discovered in Rochelle Park
- 5-year old girl from East Harlem missing
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Bad Dog: Sunny knocks over child at holiday party 11 min ago
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos