Long Island News
Police: Man poses as cop, lures girl at Jones Beach
JONES BEACH (WABC) -- A Mamaroneck man is charged with luring a 14-year-old girl to his car at Jones Beach by implying he was a police officer.
Police say 36-year-old Roberto Villavicencio was charged with first-degree criminal impersonation of a police officer and endangering the welfare of a child.
State Park police were called to the area when the girl was reported missing. She was found in parking Field 4 and told investigators that Villavicencio told her he was a police officer and had her accompany him to his car, where he could show her his identification.
Authorities say Villavicencio made "inappropriate sexual inquiries" to the girl on the way to the car.
State Park police ask anyone with additional information to call detectives at 631-321-3700.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, jones beach, luring, police impersonation, long island news
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado
- FBI shoots man possibly linked to Boston bomb suspects,...
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Firebomb may have been used on police captain's home
- Accident involving fire truck at accident-prone corner
- Connecticut rail service returns to normal
- Funeral to be held Wednesday for slain Hofstra student
- Garcia apologizes for "fried chicken" remark about Tiger 49 min ago
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma