Long Island News
Female manager at woman's group accused of harassment
GREAT NECK (WABC) -- A manager with a national women's organization is accused of harassing and discriminating against the very group of which she claims to be an advocate.
The National Association of Professional Women is based on Long Island, and the alleged victims have come forward to explain what they had to endure.
"Krissy DeMonte would slap me on the rear end say things like "sexy", "hottie", "no wonder all the guys like you," plaintiff Monique McCabe said.
That's just some of what Monique McCabe says she endured while working under DeMonte - a manager at the organization's office in Garden City. McCabe isn't the only one making these accusations.
"The smacking me in the behind the pinching, the telling me cutie, sexy," Crystal Alexander said.
Alexander, like McCabe, was recently fired from the company after complaining to human resources about DeMonte.
They've included a Facebook picture of DeMonte in their discrimination complaint. Alexander and McCabe say the picture shows that DeMonte is the type of woman who would engage in such alleged inappropriate behavior
"You shouldn't have to walk on egg shells at your job. You shouldn't have to be afraid of your boss. You shouldn't have to be disrespected," Alexander said.
We tried to speak with DeMonte at her office today, but security asked us to leave the building.
An attorney for the association released this statement:
"The organization stands collectively and unwaveringly behind its manager who has been made the victim of these false accusations. It has become very clear that the two former employees are using a hot button topic for personal gain."
"We put up with a lot that no one should have to put up with. That's why we're doing this. No one should have to go through this third party," McCabe said.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, great neck, lawsuit, long island news
- LIRR train derails in East River tunnel
- AccuWeather Forecast: Spotty Storm
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Victim of attempted robbery falls out window
- Suspect shot and killed in Newark robbery attempt
- Teacher suspended after alleged sending threatening voicemail
- Passenger arrested after incident on Newark-bound flight
- LI 7-Eleven owners accused of human smuggling
- NYC plans composting program to recycle food scraps
- abcnews: Murnaghans Face Backlash After Sarah's Lung...
- Actor Jeff Garlin won't face vandalism charges in LA
- Photos: Hong Kong-Newark Plane disturbance
- Photos: Miss Connecticut crowned Miss USA
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos