Long Island News
13 drivers nabbed in Long Island DWI checkpoint
HUNTINGTON STATION, L.I. (WABC) -- A late night D-W-I checkpoint on Long Island resulted in the arrest of 13 people charged with driving under the influence.
Suffolk County police and New York state troopers teamed up to conduct a sobriety checkpoint on Route 110 in Huntington Station.
Over 660 vehicles were stopped late Friday night.
The 13 drivers allegedly found to be driving while impaired appeared in court Saturday in Islip.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, drunk driving, dwi, arrest, long island news
- Newark bus crash leaves 9 hurt, 1 critically 37 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 22 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark 37 min ago
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed 31 min ago
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013 32 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
22 min ago