Long Island News
13 drivers nabbed in Long Island DWI checkpoint
HUNTINGTON STATION, L.I. (WABC) -- A late night D-W-I checkpoint on Long Island resulted in the arrest of 13 people charged with driving under the influence.
Suffolk County police and New York state troopers teamed up to conduct a sobriety checkpoint on Route 110 in Huntington Station.
Over 660 vehicles were stopped late Friday night.
The 13 drivers allegedly found to be driving while impaired appeared in court Saturday in Islip.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, drunk driving, dwi, arrest, long island news
- Authorities: Hofstra student killed by police
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 1 winning ticket sold for record Powerball jackpot
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday
- Official: Broken rail eyed in Metro North crash
- Police say fatal Greenwich Village shooting a hate crime
- Oxbow wins the Preakness Stakes
- Pacers knock out Knicks with win in Game 6
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos