Long Island News
13 drivers nabbed in Long Island DWI checkpoint
HUNTINGTON STATION, L.I. (WABC) -- A late night D-W-I checkpoint on Long Island resulted in the arrest of 13 people charged with driving under the influence.
Suffolk County police and New York state troopers teamed up to conduct a sobriety checkpoint on Route 110 in Huntington Station.
Over 660 vehicles were stopped late Friday night.
The 13 drivers allegedly found to be driving while impaired appeared in court Saturday in Islip.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, drunk driving, dwi, arrest, long island news
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- AccuWeather: Much Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub 25 min ago
- Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half Marathon 22 min ago
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks
- Sick patrons interrupt Broadway show performance
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014