Long Island News
Drunk boating charges after 2 passengers go overboard
WANTAGH (WABC) -- Police in Nassau County have arrested a Seaford man on charges of boating while intoxicated after two of his passengers ended up in the ocean.
The incident happened about a mile off Jones Beach just before 6:00 p.m. on Saturday.
Investigators say one of the men, 37, was tossed from the back of his 23' Trophy boat while on a fishing trip in the Atlantic Ocean.
Another passenger, 32, jumped in after him.
The operator of the boat, 36-year-old Anthony Marmo, apparently did not realize the two men went overboard until the boat was far enough away that they were out of his sight.
He called police for help.
Lifeguards from Jones Beach saw the two men and rescued them with a rowboat.
They were taken to Nassau County Medical Center for observation.
Marmo was arrested and charged with boating while intoxicated.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, wantagh, jones beach, boating, boating while intoxicated, long island news
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall