Long Island News
Drunk boating charges after 2 passengers go overboard
WANTAGH (WABC) -- Police in Nassau County have arrested a Seaford man on charges of boating while intoxicated after two of his passengers ended up in the ocean.
The incident happened about a mile off Jones Beach just before 6:00 p.m. on Saturday.
Investigators say one of the men, 37, was tossed from the back of his 23' Trophy boat while on a fishing trip in the Atlantic Ocean.
Another passenger, 32, jumped in after him.
The operator of the boat, 36-year-old Anthony Marmo, apparently did not realize the two men went overboard until the boat was far enough away that they were out of his sight.
He called police for help.
Lifeguards from Jones Beach saw the two men and rescued them with a rowboat.
They were taken to Nassau County Medical Center for observation.
Marmo was arrested and charged with boating while intoxicated.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, wantagh, jones beach, boating, boating while intoxicated, long island news
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Connecticut, NTSB officials to tour train crash site 55 min ago
- 2 win Mega Millions, Powerball jumps to $600 million 55 min ago
- Cops investigating after Hofstra student killed 25 min ago
- Ramarley Graham's parents to join rally in Harlem 18 min ago
- 5 people injured, struck by vehicles in the Bronx
- EXCLUSIVE: Hot oil attack speaks out after hospital release
- Bieber will have to pay for German monkey business
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide, at least 60...
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos