Long Island News
Selden family says they are hate crime targets
SELDEN (WABC) -- Joshua Granby says it was 2:00 in the morning when the rock the size of his hand came flying through the front window of his house.
He, his three young daughters, and his wife were all sleeping. It is the latest attack against his family.
"I don't even want to come outside anymore, because I don't know what's going to happen to me," Granby says.
According to Granby, it all started about two weeks ago when someone spray painted a swastika on his family's van in their driveway.
A few days later, the side mirror was broken off.
On the same day that the rock was thrown through the window, their tires were slashed. Granby then moved the van around the corner because he was afraid it may be vandalized again.
"I've been up for a couple of nights just looking out for them hopefully I'll catch them," said Granby.
Suffolk police say they are investigating the swastika incident as a hate crime. They have also taken reports on the other incidents.
Granby says that he has no reason to believe that anyone would be upset with him or his family. He thinks it may be racially motivated.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, selden, suffolk county, hate crime, long island news
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UConn sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act