Long Island News
Man charged with murder in fatal Montauk DWI crash
COPAIGUE (WABC) -- The grand jury indictment against the Long Island man accused of killing a teenage girl while drunk driving was unsealed Wednesday, adding a murder to charge against the suspect.
Police say 31-year-old Michael Grasing, of Babylon, was drunk when he plowed into 18-year-old Brittney Walsh's SUV on Montauk Highway on June 24.
Eyewitnesses estimated Grazing was traveling 100 miles per hour, and investigators say his blood alcohol level was nearly four times the legal limit.
Walsh, an 18-year-old honors student, was killed while driving home from work, just two days after her graduation from Copaigue High School.
"She was a really nice person, and she didn't have a bad bone in her body," friend Julia Flamenco said. "I hope she gets some justice out of this, honestly."
Grasin had been already been charged with driving while intoxicated.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, drunk driving, accident, long island news
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall