Long Island News
Man charged with murder in fatal Montauk DWI crash
COPAIGUE (WABC) -- The grand jury indictment against the Long Island man accused of killing a teenage girl while drunk driving was unsealed Wednesday, adding a murder to charge against the suspect.
Police say 31-year-old Michael Grasing, of Babylon, was drunk when he plowed into 18-year-old Brittney Walsh's SUV on Montauk Highway on June 24.
Eyewitnesses estimated Grazing was traveling 100 miles per hour, and investigators say his blood alcohol level was nearly four times the legal limit.
Walsh, an 18-year-old honors student, was killed while driving home from work, just two days after her graduation from Copaigue High School.
"She was a really nice person, and she didn't have a bad bone in her body," friend Julia Flamenco said. "I hope she gets some justice out of this, honestly."
Grasin had been already been charged with driving while intoxicated.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, drunk driving, accident, long island news
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time 41 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy 52 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo 40 min ago
- Success Academy parents to sue in charter school fight 2 min ago
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos