Long Island News
Pregnant woman, child among 3 hurt in Brentwood crash
BRENTWOOD (WABC) -- Three people were injured, including a pregnant woman and a child, in a car crash on Long Island.
Suffolk County police say the car went airborne after losing control on the Expressway Drive North service road of the Long Island Expressway before crashing into a building in Brentwood around 8 p.m. Thursday.
Police say the car was going very fast, failed to make the turn and went off the road.
The car then flipped and hit the back of the 7-Eleven near Wicks Road.
The most seriously injured victim was the pregnant passenger, who was taken by helicopter to Stony Brook University Hospital. The male driver and a little girl were both taken to Southside Hospital.
The crash is still under investigation.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, brentwood, accident, long island news
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95 23 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- VIDEO: Obama remembers Mandela
- Reaction to death of Nelson Mandela
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Who is Bill Bratton?
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women 44 min ago
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest
- Knicks crush Nets 113-83 35 min ago
- Nigella Lawson again denies heavy drug use
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos