Long Island News
Pregnant woman, child among 3 hurt in Brentwood crash
BRENTWOOD (WABC) -- Three people were injured, including a pregnant woman and a child, in a car crash on Long Island.
Suffolk County police say the car went airborne after losing control on the Expressway Drive North service road of the Long Island Expressway before crashing into a building in Brentwood around 8 p.m. Thursday.
Police say the car was going very fast, failed to make the turn and went off the road.
The car then flipped and hit the back of the 7-Eleven near Wicks Road.
The most seriously injured victim was the pregnant passenger, who was taken by helicopter to Stony Brook University Hospital. The male driver and a little girl were both taken to Southside Hospital.
The crash is still under investigation.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, brentwood, accident, long island news
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder 35 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault 3 min ago
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
35 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos