Long Island News
Pregnant woman, child among 3 hurt in Brentwood crash
BRENTWOOD (WABC) -- Three people were injured, including a pregnant woman and a child, in a car crash on Long Island.
Suffolk County police say the car went airborne after losing control on the Expressway Drive North service road of the Long Island Expressway before crashing into a building in Brentwood around 8 p.m. Thursday.
Police say the car was going very fast, failed to make the turn and went off the road.
The car then flipped and hit the back of the 7-Eleven near Wicks Road.
The most seriously injured victim was the pregnant passenger, who was taken by helicopter to Stony Brook University Hospital. The male driver and a little girl were both taken to Southside Hospital.
The crash is still under investigation.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, brentwood, accident, long island news
- Investigators search for clues, victims in East Harlem explosion 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- More East Harlem explosion victims identified 41 min ago
- Water main eyed in East Harlem gas explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 10 min ago
- Roof blows off Mount Olive Bed, Bath & Beyond
- High winds damage power lines, Bed, Bath & Beyond store
- Man found alive in body bag dies weeks later
- Haverstraw condo complex evacuated due to gas leak
- Major delays on NJ Transit after Newark tanker explosion
- Photos: Newark tanker fire
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape