Long Island News
Pregnant woman, child among 3 hurt in Brentwood crash
BRENTWOOD (WABC) -- Three people were injured, including a pregnant woman and a child, in a car crash on Long Island.
Suffolk County police say the car went airborne after losing control on the Expressway Drive North service road of the Long Island Expressway before crashing into a building in Brentwood around 8 p.m. Thursday.
Police say the car was going very fast, failed to make the turn and went off the road.
The car then flipped and hit the back of the 7-Eleven near Wicks Road.
The most seriously injured victim was the pregnant passenger, who was taken by helicopter to Stony Brook University Hospital. The male driver and a little girl were both taken to Southside Hospital.
The crash is still under investigation.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, brentwood, accident, long island news
- Metro North train collision to affect service all week
- AccuWeather: Humid week ahead, with showers
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Suspect in critical condition after NJ police shooting
- Tornadoes slam Midwest; 1 dead in Oklahoma
- Hofstra remembers Andrea Rebello at graduation
- Taylor Swift wins 8 trophies at Billboard Awards 52 min ago
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified 38 min ago
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Video: Who will win the Indianapolis 500?
- Photos: Photos from the Billboard Awards
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers