Long Island News
Teens killed in DWI accident on Long Island
SHIRLEY (WABC) -- Suffolk County police have charged a teenager with DWI on Long Island after an accident that killed two other teens early Saturday.
Police say Ryan Foote, 17, was driving a 2007 Hyundai southbound on Winters Drive, when he lost control of the vehicle. The car left the roadway, struck a fence, and then some trees.
Foote's two passengers, James McClease, 18, and Rashawn Minter, 17, were ejected from the vehicle. Both McClease, of Mastic and Minter, of Mastic Beach, were pronounced dead at the scene.
Foote was transported to Stony Brook University Medical Center where he is being treated for his injuries.
The vehicle was impounded for a safety check and the investigation is continuing.
Foote was charged driving while intoxicated.
Detectives are asking anyone with information about this crash to call the Seventh Squad at 631-852-8752.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, suffolk county, shirley, accident, long island news
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified
- AccuWeather: Dreary Night 35 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Metro-North: train outage expected for days 45 min ago
- Tornadoes hit Kansas, Oklahoma; no injuries reported 30 min ago
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Man falls out window during Broadway show
- Authorities: Hofstra student killed by police 49 min ago
- 3 wounded after shooting in Bedford-Stuyvesant
- Bruins top Rangers 5-2 22 min ago
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Graduation takes somber tone at Hofstra...
50 min ago
- AccuWeather: Dreary Night
35 min ago
- Investigators continue to examine Metro...
45 min ago