Long Island News
Teens killed in DWI accident on Long Island
SHIRLEY (WABC) -- Suffolk County police have charged a teenager with DWI on Long Island after an accident that killed two other teens early Saturday.
Police say Ryan Foote, 17, was driving a 2007 Hyundai southbound on Winters Drive, when he lost control of the vehicle. The car left the roadway, struck a fence, and then some trees.
Foote's two passengers, James McClease, 18, and Rashawn Minter, 17, were ejected from the vehicle. Both McClease, of Mastic and Minter, of Mastic Beach, were pronounced dead at the scene.
Foote was transported to Stony Brook University Medical Center where he is being treated for his injuries.
The vehicle was impounded for a safety check and the investigation is continuing.
Foote was charged driving while intoxicated.
Detectives are asking anyone with information about this crash to call the Seventh Squad at 631-852-8752.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, suffolk county, shirley, accident, long island news
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Man hacked to death in apparent terror attack
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Operation Swill: cheap booze in premium liquor bottles
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- abcnews: Man Shot by FBI Was About to Sign Murder...
- OTRC: 'Man of Steel' trailer, with General Zod
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos