Long Island News
Driver surrenders in Long Island hit and run
UNIONDALE, L.I. -- A Long Island driver is in police custody a day after a hit-and-run accident that took the life of a pedestrian and injured his brother.
Nassau County police say the 48-year-old man is being arraigned Sunday on charges of leaving the scene of the accident in Uniondale.
The two pedestrians were struck shortly after 12:30 a.m. Saturday as they tried to cross Jerusalem Avenue in Uniondale. The eastbound car did not stop.
Police say a 36-year-old man was pronounced dead at a hospital, and his 49-year-old brother suffered a head injury but was in stable condition. Their names have not been released.
The driver surrendered to police late Saturday.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, uniondale, nassau county, hit and run accident, long island news
- Jersey City water main break affecting service
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions
- LI man to be arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Bloomberg delivers last major speech at Mayor 16 min ago
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos