Long Island News
18 Nassau County beaches closed after heavy rain
NASSAU COUNTY (WABC) -- The Nassau County Department of Health closed 18 beaches to bathing Saturday as a precautionary measure, following heavy rainfall.
Storm water runoff can elevate bacterial levels and affect bathing water quality.
The following beaches are closed to bathing: - Centre Island Sound - Creek Club - Lattingtown Beach - Laurel Hollow Beach - Morgan Sound - North Hempstead Beach Park - Piping Rock Beach Club - Prybil Beach - Ransom Beach - Roosevelt Beach - Sea Cliff Village Beach - Soundside Beach - Stehli Beach - Tappen Beach - Hewlett Point Beach - Island Park Beach - Merrick Estates Civic Association - Philip Healey Beach
Biltmore Beach Club in Massapequa has also been closed due to elevated bacterial levels.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, nassau county, beach closed, long island news
- Actor James Gandolfini of "The Sopranos" dies 24 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine 8 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx
- Leonia firehouse reopens after sex assault
- UFT endorses Thompson for NYC mayor
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Upstate NY men accused of trying to make X-ray weapon 39 min ago
- Body found near Patriot's home was homicide victim 19 min ago
- Whistle-blower taped guards sleeping at JFK airport
- Photos: James Gandolfini through the years
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
8 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos