Long Island News
18 Nassau County beaches closed after heavy rain
NASSAU COUNTY (WABC) -- The Nassau County Department of Health closed 18 beaches to bathing Saturday as a precautionary measure, following heavy rainfall.
Storm water runoff can elevate bacterial levels and affect bathing water quality.
The following beaches are closed to bathing: - Centre Island Sound - Creek Club - Lattingtown Beach - Laurel Hollow Beach - Morgan Sound - North Hempstead Beach Park - Piping Rock Beach Club - Prybil Beach - Ransom Beach - Roosevelt Beach - Sea Cliff Village Beach - Soundside Beach - Stehli Beach - Tappen Beach - Hewlett Point Beach - Island Park Beach - Merrick Estates Civic Association - Philip Healey Beach
Biltmore Beach Club in Massapequa has also been closed due to elevated bacterial levels.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, nassau county, beach closed, long island news
- London theatre roof collapses; Dozens injured 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Sales: Last minute holiday gifts
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon? 51 min ago
- 4 juveniles charges in possible knockout attacks
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response 48 min ago
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Teen shot by police in Brownsville
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- New report: Disturbing news about raw chicken
38 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos