Long Island News
Driver killed in school bus accident in Nassau Co.
LOCUST VALLEY (WABC) -- A school bus driver is dead and 7 others were injured in an accident involving a school bus and a cement truck in Nassau County, police say.
The accident happened around 3:30 p.m. near Oyster Bay Road and Matinecock Court in Locust Valley section.
Authorities say the cement truck did not clear a railroad overpass, went out of control and hit the school bus.
Officials say the 64 year old bus driver was killed. His name was not released.
Three 6-year-olds and 1 nine-year-old boy are among the injured. They were coming from a summer day camp for developmentally disabled children.
The cement truck driver was also injured and taken to the hospital.
The victims are currently in stable condition.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, nassau county, bus accident, long island news
- Weather puts damper on Coney Island businesses
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Arrest made in Charles Butler case
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend
- Brooklyn Bridge reopens after car fire
- Residents protest bike sharing program
- Bruins eliminate Rangers with 3-1 win in Game 5
- Bethpage Air Show on for Sunday
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced
- Photos: Kickoff to a Long Island Summer photos