Long Island News
Driver killed in school bus accident in Nassau Co.
LOCUST VALLEY (WABC) -- A school bus driver is dead and 7 others were injured in an accident involving a school bus and a cement truck in Nassau County, police say.
The accident happened around 3:30 p.m. near Oyster Bay Road and Matinecock Court in Locust Valley section.
Authorities say the cement truck did not clear a railroad overpass, went out of control and hit the school bus.
Officials say the 64 year old bus driver was killed. His name was not released.
Three 6-year-olds and 1 nine-year-old boy are among the injured. They were coming from a summer day camp for developmentally disabled children.
The cement truck driver was also injured and taken to the hospital.
The victims are currently in stable condition.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, nassau county, bus accident, long island news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 2 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store 2 min ago
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
2 min ago