Long Island News
Long Island mom gives birth to twins on 2 highways
LONG ISLAND -- A Long Island woman gave birth to twins on two separate highways when she went into labor en route to the hospital.
Siobhan Anderson and her husband were headed to the hospital Saturday morning. They had to pull over on the Southern State Parkway and wait for an ambulance to arrive.
Anderson gave birth to her first twin son, Gavin John, on a stretcher.
As the ambulance headed toward the hospital, paramedics were forced to pull over as Anderson went into labor again. This time she gave birth to her second son, Declan Michael, on the Wantagh State Parkway.
Both 6-pound twins and their mother are doing fine.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, baby, long island news
- Brooklyn police shooting leaves suspect wounded 12 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- Funeral held for NYPD traffic agent hit by truck
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later 33 min ago
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- US vet, 85, back home after detained in North Korea
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary