Long Island News
Long Island mom gives birth to twins on 2 highways
LONG ISLAND -- A Long Island woman gave birth to twins on two separate highways when she went into labor en route to the hospital.
Siobhan Anderson and her husband were headed to the hospital Saturday morning. They had to pull over on the Southern State Parkway and wait for an ambulance to arrive.
Anderson gave birth to her first twin son, Gavin John, on a stretcher.
As the ambulance headed toward the hospital, paramedics were forced to pull over as Anderson went into labor again. This time she gave birth to her second son, Declan Michael, on the Wantagh State Parkway.
Both 6-pound twins and their mother are doing fine.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, baby, long island news
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken 6 min ago
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn 27 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog 9 min ago
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87 18 min ago
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen