Long Island News
Suffolk County woman arrested for DWI with son in car
HUNTINGTON STATION, L.I. (WABC) -- A Huntington Station woman has been charged with driving while intoxicated with her son in the car.
21-year old Yessica Campos-Gomez was arrested after police say she crashed into a parked car early Sunday morning.
A resident called 911 after seeing a Nissan in the road with the driver slumped over in the front seat.
Police observed Campos-Gomez under the influence of alcohol and arrested her.
Her 6-year-old son was in the backseat of the vehicle.
Campos-Gomez was charged with Aggravated Driving While Intoxicated with a Passenger 15 Years Old or Younger, Driving While Intoxicated and Endangering the Welfare of a Child.
She was scheduled to be arraigned Sunday at First District Court in Central Islip.
There were no injuries in the crash.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, suffolk county, drunk driving, dwi with child, long island news
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Chilly Wednesday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- LIE in Suffolk County reopens
- Family pushes for drug/alcohol testing after fatal accidents
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- Photos: Blind man and dog fall on subway tracks
- EXCLUSIVE: Suspect arrested in 'knockout' assaults
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral arrangements announced
- ACS workers reach plea deal in girl's death
- Jersey City reveals what was inside mysterious safes
- Anchorman 2 cast talks about much-anticipated sequel
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos