Long Island News
Man due in court in deadly Long Island DUI crash
BRENTWOOD (WABC) -- A Long Island man will be arraigned Wednesday on the indictment from the car crash that killed his baby daughter.
Police arrested 29-year-old Jose Escobar, of Westbury, two weeks ago for drunk driving after he lost control of his car in Brentwood.
Investigators say the car crossed the median, flipped and landed on its roof.
Escobar's 10-month-old daughter Helen was killed. His pregnant girlfriend also was injured.
Police say the car was going very fast, failed to make the turn and went off the road. The car then flipped and hit the back of the 7-Eleven near Wicks Road.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, brentwood, accident, long island news
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos