Long Island News
Man due in court in deadly Long Island DUI crash
BRENTWOOD (WABC) -- A Long Island man will be arraigned Wednesday on the indictment from the car crash that killed his baby daughter.
Police arrested 29-year-old Jose Escobar, of Westbury, two weeks ago for drunk driving after he lost control of his car in Brentwood.
Investigators say the car crossed the median, flipped and landed on its roof.
Escobar's 10-month-old daughter Helen was killed. His pregnant girlfriend also was injured.
Police say the car was going very fast, failed to make the turn and went off the road. The car then flipped and hit the back of the 7-Eleven near Wicks Road.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, brentwood, accident, long island news
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face 22 min ago
- Russians, Crimeans discuss referendum on joining Russia
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- LI police make arrest in string of home burglaries 3 min ago
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos