Long Island News
Weapons seized from man's home after alleged threats
BROOKHAVEN (WABC) -- Suffolk County Police seized assault rifles, ammunition and body armor inside a man's home after he allegedly threatened a marina security guard with what appeared to be a handgun.
According to police, Thomas Lippens and his parents drove up to a security booth at Squassux Landing Marina, located on Beaver Dam Road in Brookhaven. They were initially denied entry into the marina by a guard at the booth because they did not have the proper key to enter.
Lippens, 24, allegedly became irate and threatened the security guard, indicating that he would come back with a gun. Lippens left on foot but returned on a dirt bike approximately 15 minutes later. Police said he brandished what appeared to be a handgun, threatened to kill the security guard, and fled on his dirt-bike at approximately 1:15 p.m.
Responding officers located Lippens' vehicle, which was left in the marina parking lot by Lippens' parents, and then went to Lippens' home in Brookhaven.
Authorities said Lippens attempted to flee the residence when he saw the officers approaching but, after a brief struggle, the officers were able to detain him.
Officers from the Emergency Service and Property Sections also responded and seized ammunition and several weapons, including loaded assault rifles, Kung Fu stars and knives. A bullet proof vest and more than 20 marijuana plants and drug paraphernalia were also seized.
Lippens was charged with weapons, drug and related offenses.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, suffolk county, brookhaven, crime, weapon, long island news
- 4 dead, 280 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members 10 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View" 13 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT 28 min ago
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos