Long Island News
Bus crash sends 6 special needs kids to hospital
NORTH MERRICK (WABC) -- A bus carrying special needs children was involved in an accident on Long Island Friday morning, sending six of them to the hospital.
The incident happened in North Merrick, at the intersection of Meadowbrook Road and Lednam Court, where a car apparently T-boned the bus.
The children appear to be fine, but cannot speak, so they were taken to Nassau University Medical Center as a precaution.
The driver of the car was also taken to the hospital complaining of neck and back injuries.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, merrick, school bus accident, long island news
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Workers remove rubble in East Harlem
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse