Long Island News
Police: Elderly woman killed by own rolling car
GREAT NECK (WABC) -- Long Island police say an elderly woman died when her car rolled on top of her Tuesday night.
The incident happened just before 7 p.m. in Great Neck.
Authorities say 82-year-old Pepe Chouake, of Little Neck, had parked in a lot off Horace Harding Boulevard.
When she stepped out of the car, it began rolling in reverse.
It knocked her to the ground and came to rest on top of her.
She was pronounced dead by a first responder.
Police say there is no criminality involved in the accident.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, great neck, accident, long island news
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area 18 min ago
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC 9 min ago
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire
- Photos: Family escapes Yonkers fire
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million