Long Island News
Teenager shot on Suffolk County street
WYANDANCH, L.I. -- Police are looking for a suspect who shot a teenager on a Long Island street.
Suffolk County police say 18-year-old Joshua Pittman was gathered with friends on North 16th Street in Wyandanch (WEYE'-an-danch) when gunfire erupted shortly before 10 p.m. Saturday.
Police say Pittman started running away and realized he'd been shot in the leg.
He was taken to a hospital for treatment.
Police are seeking information at 631-854-8152.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, suffolk county, shooting, long island news
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos