Long Island News
Teenager shot on Suffolk County street
WYANDANCH, L.I. -- Police are looking for a suspect who shot a teenager on a Long Island street.
Suffolk County police say 18-year-old Joshua Pittman was gathered with friends on North 16th Street in Wyandanch (WEYE'-an-danch) when gunfire erupted shortly before 10 p.m. Saturday.
Police say Pittman started running away and realized he'd been shot in the leg.
He was taken to a hospital for treatment.
Police are seeking information at 631-854-8152.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, suffolk county, shooting, long island news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Two lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Metro-North derailment sparks rules review
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen