Long Island News
Teacher arrested for drunk driving, resisting arrest
EASTPORT (WABC) -- A Long Island school teacher was arrested Tuesday night for allegedly driving while intoxicated and resisting arrest.
Suffolk County police say officers responding to a call at the Triangle Pub on Old Montauk Highway in Eastport at 11:21 p.m. encountered 47-year-old Jay Condrill, who had been asked to leave the premises for reportedly acting in a disorderly manner.
Police say Condrill initially complied, but then returned to the bar.
Officers observed Condrill exiting his vehicle and said he appeared to be in an intoxicated condition. When they attempted to place him under arrest, Condrill allegedly threatened to physically harm the officers and refused orders to place his hands behind his back.
The officers were forced to use physical force and ultimately had to deploy a taser in order to take Condrill into custody.
Condrill, who is employed as a teacher in the Central Islip School District, was charged with driving while intoxicated, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, central islip, teacher arrested, drunk driving, long island news
- 3 critical after fire tears through Brooklyn home 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt 51 min ago
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique 40 min ago
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated 45 min ago
- MTA launches new apps for LIRR, Metro-North riders 34 min ago
- New York Army cadet accused of emailing child porn 53 min ago
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident