Long Island News
Teacher arrested for drunk driving, resisting arrest
EASTPORT (WABC) -- A Long Island school teacher was arrested Tuesday night for allegedly driving while intoxicated and resisting arrest.
Suffolk County police say officers responding to a call at the Triangle Pub on Old Montauk Highway in Eastport at 11:21 p.m. encountered 47-year-old Jay Condrill, who had been asked to leave the premises for reportedly acting in a disorderly manner.
Police say Condrill initially complied, but then returned to the bar.
Officers observed Condrill exiting his vehicle and said he appeared to be in an intoxicated condition. When they attempted to place him under arrest, Condrill allegedly threatened to physically harm the officers and refused orders to place his hands behind his back.
The officers were forced to use physical force and ultimately had to deploy a taser in order to take Condrill into custody.
Condrill, who is employed as a teacher in the Central Islip School District, was charged with driving while intoxicated, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, central islip, teacher arrested, drunk driving, long island news
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Man hacked to death in apparent terror attack
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Operation Swill: cheap booze in premium liquor bottles
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- abcnews: Man Shot by FBI Was About to Sign Murder...
- OTRC: 'Man of Steel' trailer, with General Zod
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos